A little update... I just got a mail from the guy I bought it from, and
he thinks the problem with my iBook is that the backlight is broken.
Seems very logical to me too. Anybody know if this has been a problem in
other iBooks?
He had not sent in the papers registering the computer over to my name,
he had not found the address in Norway to send it to (he is now in
France himself). He took pics of the papers now though, and is sending
the originals snail mail to me, so I can send them in. Besides, I have
all the papers with his name on, the serial number etc. So I should be
fine getting them to fix it on the Apple Care plan.

Tomorrow I will have to make some phone calls to find out for sure which
company it is I need to contact. I think it is a company called Infocare
or something like that, that does the AppleCare for Apple Norway. I sure
hope that they have a place her in my city, at least I know that there
is a workshop fixing Apple's here... Crossing my fingers that it won't
take too long. I hate this PC so much, it is annoying to use!!! But, I
am quite grateful that I have it right now, or I would be in real
trouble. As soon as I get the iBook back OK, I will persue getting the
Pismo fixed. That one is on another plan for when problems arise etc.
though. I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't want to fix it though,
after all, it is real old, the HDD makes funny noises and now the screen
also??? I hope it works out, because I know I need to be sure that I
have one working computer at all times...

I would appreciate it a lot if any of you can tell me if you think it
sounds sensible that it is the backlight that stopped working or if you
think it sounds like something else...

Thanks a lot! I am so glad that I finally am able to post to this list
again!!!! I have been waiting for a long time. When I started having my
mails bounce, the message said I could write to an e-mail address to ask
them to fix things if I meant it was in error. Only my mails to that
address also bounced, so it sure did not help much. My ISP also tried to
mail that address, and got the mails back. So I did not know how to
possibly contact the list owner... My ISP went in contact with UPC
further south in Europe, I think, and got them to help sorting this
problem out, because it was a problem for many users that certain
servers for some odd reason had black listed UPC's servers in Europe...
Have no idea why, I really don't think they are commonly used by
spammers and such...

Aase :)