Hello learned listers,

just wondering whether anyone can help me out on this.

Lost some iPhotos in some silly sort of way (and learnt to my subsequent regret that in OS X there is no possibility of retrieving deleted files, short of forking out thousands to data recovery firms... I suppose this is what you call progress, compared to good old OS 9...).

Luckily I had sent most of the lost batch to my wife using iChat. As it happens, the iChats were saved (hooray!), so the photos are still in there somewhere. If you enlarge the chat window they come up really big. Thing is, it seems impossible to 'extract' them, even by copy/paste.

So the question is: anyone has any idea if and how one can suck out pictures off iChat bubbles? The photos were not sent as attachments, but just pasted right into the bubbles, if you know what I mean. It was cute at the time. It would be nice if there was a slick way to get them back and place them in the iPhoto album.

Thanks for any tips
(I've tried the iChat board but so far with no success)

Regards,

Walter