Hi I have been using my new ibook for two weeks now and the battery only lasts for 3 hrs 50 with the airport card fitted and that is a new book. So 2hr + from a clamshell is good.

I also have a 3400c with wifi via a mac wireless card, with the cd loaded and wireless being used for the net the best i get from that is 2hrs 30 mins and that is also a new battery,

To save your battery life you need to set the book up to the way you like but only using the minimal power then the life should increase, for example the screen only at half brightness, the sound turned down to a minimum. Also if you have a book with removable drives then take the cd out and put in a space saver or a floppy drive. If the drive can not be removed leave the door open slightly the the system does not keep accessing the drive to check if there is anything there, keep the hdd spun down when doing text or not doing heavy access. turn off power to inactive devices IE pcmcia cards etc.

all these need to be taken into account when you use the book, and if you do then you will find that you will always have enough power for the things that you need.

vicki