Chris,
Like you the Belkin F5D7001 VER. 1000 PCI worked great in my PMG4. However I haven't been able to get the Belkin F5D7011 VER.1101 NoteBook Network Card to work in either a PBG4al, Pismo or a Wallstreet on OSX. Concur in your statement on chip set. That is why I am interested in what g experienced. Must have been a Broadcom Chip Set. Hopefully the VER. will reveal. I am also experimenting with USB WiFI adapters. So far same outcome.
dklj

On Apr 13, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Chris wrote:

On 13 Apr 2005, at 15:09, G-Books wrote:

Subject: Re: Looking for an Airport Card
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:21:35 -0400

i did not install any software. i used the airport software provided
with the system
On Apr 13, 2005, at 12:16 AM, Deaner Lawless wrote:

g,
Great. Tks. I want to experiment. I have a Wallstreet running 10.2.8.
I have a hunch that the Belkin card which works in your Aunt's Lombard
might work in a Wallstreet. Also I would appreciate what card version
(located on the bottom of the card e.g. VER.1101) and driver were used
(Airport vX.XX or other).
dklj

The Belkin G card with the Broadcom chipset is reported to be recognized as an Airport card (ie. using just the Airport software) in OS X. Be careful to check that the card still uses the Broadcom chipset, as it's been reported that at some point in recent past Belkin switched chipsets and no longer uses the Broadcom one.
FWIW, I have a Belkin G PCI slot modem in my G4 powermac and it has the Broadcom chipset and is recognized as an internal Airport card.

Good luck.
Chris

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |