on 13/04/05 18:38, Tim Hodgson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Now that is *very* good to hear :-) Thanks.
>
> TimH
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 7:20 pm -0500, Bruce Sergeant wrote:
>
>> Tim,
>>
>> Yes, it was very responsive, very quick.  Some of the Spotlight
>> searches took a little longer, on the Pismo, than I've seen elsewhere
>> but overall very fast.  All accounts I've heard indicate that Tiger will
>> operate even faster, on most systems, that all previous Xes.
>>
>> I'm psyched...

I am not sure where to draw a line but I think that if your PowerBook
supports Core Image, things can get amazingly faster. I have a 17" at 1.5GHz
and I did notice a significant speed increase in various operations. Most
notably in the Finder (finally!) and Safari 2.0 is also much faster. There
are some pages that display in less than a second! Menus and other widgets
are quite faster.

However, I am not sure to what extent your GPU supporting Core Image can
speed things up...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.