I have a similiar situation of connecting my Laserwriter II NTX, circa 1989
and still going to my G3 beige OS8.6.  This printer has a scsi 1 connection
that needs to connect to next peripherial in my daisy chain, my cd burner, a
scsi 2 (HD50).

I print 300 pg documents sometimes, a perfect project for my old workhorse
laserwriter IINTX.

I think i need a female scsi1/male scsi2 adapter...not a common beastie.

I've looked in bins of lots of small computer shops in INDY...
My next move is to call ramelectronics...
...after I get the WiFi on the pb fixed up, btw I have bid (ebay) on a
WavLan Orincoco Bronze PC card for the Lombard...waiting.

I have 2 powerpc 6100's, in a closet, one with a G3 upgrade and my Nikon
filmscanner in it...waiting for me to have the time to connect it to a cd
burner and archive some family slides...

Could i connect the 6100 to my G3 beige AND use it to connect with the
laserwriter?

note: I also have a scanner on my main G3 scsi1 daisy chain which is where
the cd burner lives now. This scanner/cd burnere connection DOES have a
scsi1/scsi2 adapter...to make it talk nicely.

The order of these peripherials has, in the past, been important not sure
why, just a-hold-your-mouth-just-right kind of thing in my untechie
overwhelmed mind.

SO, could I take the CD burner scsi2 (HD50) off the chain and move the
burner, as needed, from pb or 6100 or G3desktop

Would looking for and getting another adapter (more readily available?) to
connect the CDburner/scsi2 to this powerbook (Lombard os9.1)... HD30...???

AND

I still want to know how to connect the power pc 6100/G3w1gb to run as an
external HD with my G3.

Kristina
with lots of equipment and not enough adapters or time.