Hello there !

Been a long time out, was here a few years ago, then changed to a desktop, now back with a PB G4/400 that's been running great so far .... until I bought a new Mac mini ! Guess it became jealous ! Great little thing that Mini BTW !

Anyway, I bought the cheap Mac Mini, because I already had a good HD in the PB so I decided to swap, put the 40G that came with the Mini in the PB and install the faster and bigger drive in the Mini.

Installing in the mini was a breeze ! Had to install first OS X on the original Mini drive, because my Firewire port is dead on the PB, then used the "restore" function to copy my data over to the bigger one (to an external Firewire case) and just swapped the drives.

I initialized the 40G to put in the PB, plugged everything in, started the computer and inserted the OS 10.3 install disk ... up until I can choose the drive to install on ... there is none !
Thinking I didn't secure the HD cable correctly, opened the PB, made sure the cable was in and tried again ... no show !

Loaded the Apple Hardware Test CD ... everything passed ....
Took out the drive again, put in a Firewire enclosure, connected to the Mini, it can see it , no problem .... but the PB still doesn't !

Yikes, I am at a lost ... usually I am able to fix things by myself, but I am out of ideas to try !
Did I fry the Logic Board ? or damaged the HD cable ? (but wouldn't it show in the hardware test ?)
Can anyone suggest something ?

Thanks !

Jeff

PS. I know it's not the right list but I also have a little glitch with the mini, every-time I try to "control-click" on the finder, it quits and relauches itself ... I remember I had that problem before but can't remember what I did to fix it !