On May 1, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Sionnach Aisling wrote:

Tonight, after taking a few photos, she went to import
them into iPhoto.  She turned off her camera, plugged
in the USB cable, opened iPhoto and then turned the
Camera back on - just as she's done hundreds of times
in the past.  This time, however, it didn't work.  It
basically doesn't see that any camera is connected.
Also, where usually she would get an "untitled" disk
on her desktop when the camera mounted, she gets
nothing... it doesn't know the camera exists.

Since you didn't mention trying it, I'd suggest powering down the computer and then restarting it. Lots of little ills can be fixed this way.

On a side note, I noticed that iPhoto shows it's
latest version to be 5.0.2 and there are update links
on the website for both 4.0.3 and 5.0.2.  She has
never been given an option of updating her iPhoto in
any of her routine updates.

iPhoto is now part of the iLife suite and isn't free any longer. She has the most current update of the version she owns but the only way to get a newer version would be to buy iLife.

cheers
david