The iBooks are noticeable faster. They boot in about 30 seconds from chime to usable desktop. My iMac is maybe a bit better.....but it's a G5.

Tim
On May 8, 2005, at 6:43 AM, Matthew Faulds wrote:

This is really a question for Ben and Tim. After your comments about your upgrades, have you seen much of a speed improvement on the G4 iBooks?

Matt

----Original Message Follows----
From: Tim Collier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "G-Books" <G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger and video card
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 05:57:28 -0400

My iBooks (1.2 gig G4 and a 1.3 gig G4) both have 32 RAM for video, they don't do the 'ripple' effect. My other Macs--both with 64 video RAM DO support the rippling effect. Guess anything under 64 won't do it.

Tim
On May 8, 2005, at 3:01 AM, Beniamino Cenci Goga wrote:

Yup, only newer Macs can handle Core Image, which is what it takes to make the pretty ripples.

Have you any idea what are the specs to get the liquid stuff?

Actually the iBook G4 (933MHz) is newer than the Aluminium 15" (1,25GHz)...

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |