On Fri, 13 May 2005, Andrea Stansbury wrote:

> It was my understanding that dialup cannot go wireless.  I am pretty
> sure that you have to have a high speed connection for a dialup connection?
>
> Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

You would need one of the base stations that had a modem in it.  The current
Extreme one has a modem and if memory serves there was a version of the
802.11b station that had a modem in it.

.nick

> [...]
>  >
>  > Snip
>  >
>  > >Thanks for your patience with this complicated request. I couldn't
>  > figure
>  > >any way to make it simpler. . .
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >All the best,
>  > >stanton
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  > Hello. I hope this info helps. Sorry it took so long to reply.
>  >
>  > First, your Belkin card is not compatible with the Wallstreet running OS
>  > 9.2.2. You could use some commercial drivers from Macsense or
>  > IOXperts, but
>  > they are not free. They have a 10 to 30 minute free trial you can try.
>  >
>  > You could get a card that will work with the Airport drivers in OS 9.2.2,
>  > however, you will probably have better luck with the Orinoco drivers when
>  > trying to talk to the Lucent Base Station. An Airport compatible card can
>  > use either the Airport or Orinoco drivers.
>  >
>  > Because you have a Lucent base station, what you need is one of the
>  > Orinoco/Lucent third party (or original Lucent /Orinoco) cards with the
>  > Orinoco v7.2 drivers. Having a matched  wireless card and base station,
>  > will make setting up WEP easier.
>  >
>  > Links for all your software, compatable cards, as well as links for
>  > help in
>  > setting up the wireless network can be found on my FAQ page.
>  >
>  > Ken Vann
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ==================================================
>  > Old Mac's have new uses with WiFi.
>  > See my FAQ for what you need at http://www.powerbookwireless.net
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > G-Books is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and...
>  >
>  > Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com  | Refurbished Drives |
>  > -- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks  |  & CDRWs on Sale!  |
>  >
>  >       Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html>
>  >
>  > G-Books list info:      <http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-books.html>
>  >   --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
>  > Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>
>  > To unsubscribe, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  > For digest mode, email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  > Subscription questions: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Nick

http://www.izap.com/~pinnacle

therhythmex: AIM, Jabber, and Yahoo Messenger ID

"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?" Galations 4:16 [NASB]