On May 19, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On May 19, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

I got a homeowner policy. How could that be covered?

Homeowner's policies cover personal possessions against loss or damage, not just the house. It depends on your coverage, it could well cover dependent children at school as well.

That said, they may require a specific rider to do that. Check with your agent.

Correct. Many homeowner's policies cover personal possessions from loss, accidents, etc. If I leave my iBook sitting in the airport, drop it down the steps, spill a drink on it, it's covered. (minus the deductible of course, up to the policy limit, which is $3500 in my case.) A few years back my son's bicycle was stolen while he was at a friend's house. Covered.

Check with your agent.

Matt