On 23 May 2005, at 20:53, macnifico wrote:

Hi, Listers!

I'm getting a Wallstreet with a 6 Gb HD, 288 Mb RAM, and 233 MHz G3.
It's going to be used mainly for light Web browsing, and a few Excel spreadsheests. Nothing processor-intensive. I was wondering if OS X.3 would run OK on this machine, or if I should stay with OS 9.2.2. I have OS X.2, too. But I've grown acustomed (spell?) to OS X.3.9, it runs very well in my iMac 400 MHz with 320 Mb.
Thank you for your input.
HD

Runs great on my WS I/292, with only 162MB. I think about how much better it would be if it could support more memory, but I've had some issues with larger memory. The sound of broken glass at startup with two different sticks that work in other computers. It did this with the original processor, too, a 233 like yours. I think that the processor upgrade would be worthwhile if you really like Panther more than Jaguar. This comp had issues with Jaguar; it ran more slowly, wouldn't wake from sleep, and it had some serious video issues (screen would turn blank, for example, or it would 'melt'). The upgrade to Panther fixed all those issues, but ran slowly until I upgraded the processor, not that it's blazing fast now, mind, but it runs quite well for my needs.

J Sanderson