On May 23, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Larry le Mac wrote:

I only seem to be getting replies relating to the hardware,
specifically crappy cables, but that does not explain why
it only stops charging when the PowerBook is asleep.
When it's running or off, it charges quite happily.

If it's only when it goes to sleep, it's a software issue; possibly a firmware one, if they released a firmware update for the TiBook. Remotely it could be a power manager board issue. Have you reset the Power Manager per Apple's KB article?

It could be a flaky PRAM battery. The machine's old enough to have that problem.

--
Bruce Johnson

"no matter where you go, there you are", B. Banzai