Please suggest an OS X 10.3.8 compatible backup application that's free or
inexpensive shareware which I can use to copy (burn) a large (5 GB) folder
to multiple 700MB CD-R's in the internal combo drive in an iBook 500.

I need to reformat the Hard Drive, which currently has only one partition,
and is only set up with OS 10.3.8, into two partitions, so that I can
install both OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.3.8 separately. I don't wish to manually
break up this folder to archive it. I'm hoping your suggestion can help me
to reinstall it onto the iBook once I've reformatted and installed OS 9 & OS
X.

My copy of Retrospect Express v.4.3 won't work in OS X. I'm looking for
something which, like Retrospect, can produce a series of linked CD's to
archive something larger than 700 MB.

I'm looking to be able to download the application you suggest, and get to
work. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
stanton