So I had the WS/Lombard/Pismo things instead of colored iBooks and, more recently I opted for the Aluminium instead of the iBook G4.

I just picked up a used 12 G4 powerbook over a new 12" iBook with a faster processor. The used Powerbook was 25 dollars more expensive but the battery tested out good. (two hours of a quick time movie on repeat). My reason... SIMPLE The external video connector. It can run two displays and the external display at higher resolutions. Other than that and the aluminum case I could not tell the difference. I use my laptop with a KVM switch at home and at the office with an external monitor and keyboard. The 1024x768 mirror display was the deciding factor.

The aluminum finish is nicer and the speakers are better sounding.

This laptop is very sturdy. It has had twice the abuse as my dell laptop and it is very solid. I don't use a special sleve. I just put it in my Laptop/Backpack and clean it with windex every once and a while.

The 14" iBook is a great machine for the price. The 15" powerbook is an expensive upgrade IMHO.

Brian