You'll probably get this advice in buckets, but, here goes:
Dump AOL.
Our nonprofit has had TERRIFIC results and support from one of our list
member's ISP; JMUG CONNECT. Sam is always helpful and knows his stuff.
$15.00 a month for national dialup. >http://www.jmug-connect.net/<. Sam
rocks!
We had a similar issue with a recipient's 'book who put AOL on it. Ended up
simpler to dump AOL and go with a different provider.
raino