On Jun 1, 2005, at 8:30 PM, Jason wrote:

hmm, well, my firewire drive works ok, i can boot from it, but i installed the OS direct to it, and then added all my files and settings... when i back up, i delete, then use migration to get new data from the main drive

I just found out (from IOGear Tech Support) that these drives (model GHD135C80) are not bootable. They are refusing to do anything about this, or to help me in any way, since "they were not advertised as bootable." I'm moving up the chain, with the V.P. and President out of the office today. I spoke with one supervisor who will run my request (for some kind of exchange/upgrade) by the V.P. first thing Monday when he gets back into town, and personally call me then.

So, we'll see what will happen then.

In the meantime, I'll offer some advice I wish I had before buying these drives: If you need an external drive to be bootable, make sure that you get that verified before you make the purchase!

Regards,

Harry Corsover