On Jun 2, 2005, at 1:18 PM, david wrote:

On Jun 2, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Harry Corsover wrote:

In the meantime, I'll offer some advice I wish I had before buying these drives: If you need an external drive to be bootable, make sure that you get that verified before you make the purchase!

A firewire drive that isn't bootable - that's sorta like a TV that can't be connected to cable or a car that won't drive on a freeway. Rattle their chains - it isn't for us to determine whether a firewire drive is bootable or not. If a firewire drive isn't bootable it is up to them to mark the drive in BIG letters as not bootable.

I've just added that company to my never buy from list. If they wind up treating you 100% right I'll move them to my last resort list.

david

My gosh - I've always assumed a FW drive bootable unless marked otherwise! Now I know I am wrong. I hope you get some action.

Turtle-Bear