My Fellow PowerBook-philes,

Having concluded the great "Get My Girlfriend a Pismo and Convert Her to
Mac OS X" project, and seeing her off to Italy for her summer
study-abroad Pismo in hand, I have come up with a new PowerBook project.

I have an iBook G4 1.2 GHz 768 RAM brand new (as of March) running Tiger
and doing just fine.

She has a G3 Pismo 400 running Tiger with 1 gig RAM.  I am thinking of
upgrading it to a G4 550.  (Maybe using FastMac.)

This fall I am going to law school and we shall be living further apart
than we do now.

On Apple's website it says iSight needs a 660mhz G4 or G3 in order to work.

Does anyone have any experience running iSight on a PowerBook Pismo?
What about a Pismo upgraded to the 500+ Mhz G4?  Should I pony up for
the PowerLogix G3 900 mhz upgrade instead, and will this enable it to work?

Also -- ease of use is a big need for the GF.  I've been doing voice
communications over the internet since back in the mid-90s for gaming
purposes, but I'd prefer not having to walk anyone else through such
audio-video craziness again, much less my GF who is less tech-savvy than
my gaming buds.

Any ideas?  Should I maybe just upgrade her machine to a new PowerBook?
 (It'll cost big, but ... well .. I guess I could sell her lovely Pismo.
 *whimper*  Or maybe just get her an Mac Mini and KVM, still quite a bit.)

The Pismo DOES at least have FireWire ....

Sincerely,
Pacer the Loon