On Thu, 9 Jun Rad Craig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I upgraded my Pismo w/ Tiger and also also did a fresh install on a
Lombard (via putting hd in my Pismo). After installtion, I tried to
put a CD in the drive to install some other software and it won't
recognize that there is a CD in the drive or mount the drive. Same
thing happens on both the Pismo and Lombard.

If I put the Tiger DVD in the drive and reboot, it will recognize
that DVD when it first boots, but if I take it out, put a different
CD in the drive, it won't recognize the CD. I can take the CD out,
put the Tiger DVD back in the drive and it will no longer recognize it.

I tried resetting the NVRAM, no luck.  I have tried swapping CD/DVD
drives between the two laptops.  The one in my Pismo is just a normal
CD/DVD-ROM, the one in the Lombard is a 2x DVD, according to the
writing on the bottom.  Neither one is a burner.  Seems strange to me
that the Lombard would appear to have a faster DVD-ROM in it than the
Pismo?

<snip>

Rad,

What kind of CD drive is it?

If it is the LG DRN-8080B then it may be the drive(s). Do a google on that drive for a lot of info on its problems.

Would be strange if it is both but have you switched them before and had them work?

Mine was the LG. Got it replaced by WegenerMedia and been happy ever since.

Dan-