On Wed, 08 Jun Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

I've been using a Canon i960 for about a year now, from time to time. This morning, my daughter had to print an important homework she had to turn in and since it had colors, she went with the i960. Well, she was not able to
get the black ink to print. They awoke me and I tried deep cleaning the
print cartridge to no avail. I even replaced the black tank but the Canon utility was still reporting a half full cartridge even with the new one.

So, I'm not sure what I want to do now.

Laurent,

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I also have used the I960 since I got it last Father's Day.

With the last couple of printers I used the cheap ink and even refilled some cartridges.

Saved some money up front but I felt like it was costing me in the long run with many ink problems, so this last year I have used only Canon ink. Still going strong with lots of use from the kids for homework and me for photos. May be just coincidence but if it works...

Dan-