First thing, charge it completely, and then use it completely once. Charge it
completely again.

Regular usage should never cause the system to go to sleep forcefully, as this
behavior will cause a sudden, rapid drain in the battery when it approaches
end-of-life (as all cells will die roughly the same time, and you get to see
your batt go from holding 4-5 hours, to holding 30 minutes in about 2 weeks).

However, the exception to this rule is to use it to this point once every month
or two, as this will keep it calibrated and in working order as well.