Hello All,

I just had to add one more thought on this subject, and wanted to see if anyone agrees. After reading all the input from this invaluable list group, and listening to the radio (Leo Laporte has said some VERY interesting things when it comes to Apple moving to Intel on AM 640), and reading all the relevant articles in mags I have come to a very logical and realistic conclusion:

The proverbial gap between PC's and Mac's will not change. In fact, I honestly think that NOTHING will change at all. Call me an optimist, but the only thing that's going to happen besides faster Macs overall, is that one day a PC user will be going over to his/her old friends house who happens to be a Mac user and that Mac user will tell his/her PC user, "hey did you know that my Mac has an Intel designed processor?" The astonished PC user will just be that. . .astonished. Then they'll go about their business. I expect nothing more, nothing less. Macs will still be "just above" PC's, PC's will still dominate the business world, and Mac's will still dominate the design world.

Anyone agree? Or is everyone leaning on Laporte's side saying that "this move is a stake in Apple's heart"

Zoltan