Hi,

It seems as if this ought to be easy but I'm confused.

What specific parts/cables to I need to hook my Powerbook up to a television so that I can play DVDs (commercial) and see/hear them on the television? The KB articles I've dug up are vague.

I have an Apple Video Adapter but I don't know if it's the right one. I don't know if I originally bought it for my iBook. I found the following in a KB article:

"With the release of the PowerBook G4 (12-inch), Apple has revised the Apple Video Adapter. This Apple Video Adapter looks similar to the earlier Apple Video Adapter.

The later Apple Video Adapter model number is M9109, while the earlier Apple Video Adapter model number is M8734. Apple will no longer sell the earlier Apple Video Adapter."

However, there is no model number on the one I have. I don't know what the difference is.

Given that I have the right one, what do I do next? What is a composite video port? If I use and S-Video cable, do I still need to do something else to get the sound to the television?

12" Powerbook 1.5gHz, SuperDrive

Thanks,
Meg