On 23 Jun 2005, at 7:42 AM, Francesco sciacca wrote:

Thanks for the very clear explanation. I believe that I have the
appropriate cables.

But the one thing that still isn't clear is do I have the correct
video adapter? Do you know if there's a way to tell?

I guess the best way to find out is giving it a try (it can't hurt). Connect the video cable and hit "detect displays" in the display control panel. If the PB desktop (or part of it) appears on the TV screen then you are all set (you might still need to adjust the resolution - in my case it comes up 90% of the times at the right resolution, but in NTSC mode so that it displays
in b&w, so I adjust it to PAL).

Don't forget at this stage to turn video-mirroring on. If it doesn't work and you are sure that the TV (or VCR) is set to the right channel, then the
adapter is probably the wrong one.

Didn't your PB come with it's own video adapter?

cheers,
gianfranco

PBs only come with the adapters to hook up to monitors. The adapter to hook up to a television is a separate purchase.

Giving it a try is on the list. However, the differences seem ambiguous. All Apple says is something to the effect that the video quality won't be as good with the older one. Well, I don't know what it should look like in the first place! Arghh.

Thanks

Meg