on 06/07/05 19:29, david at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2005, at 5:58 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>
>> On Jul 6, 2005, at 2:00 PM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:
>>

>>> Claire,
>>>
>>> I'm afraid I have to agree with Tim when it comes to VPC.  In most
>>> cases, VPC is too slow.
>>>

>> I'll third this motion. I've been installing Win XP Pro on my Mac
>> (800 Mhz G4) *all day long*, and I'm only about mostly done with
>> the Service Pack 2, much less get the VPC attached to the network
>> and updated further. Plus <bleeping> VPC is sucking every processor
>> cycle it can get it's greedy little hands on.
>
> One major issue is the OS version you install. WinXP is a resource
> hog. My homebrew PC that was snappy with Win2k crawled under Win2k.
> VPC on my alBook runs Win98, Millennium, and Win2k well enough to
> use. WinXP isn't acceptable at all. In fact, I wouldn't even use
> WinXP on my dually G5.

And WinXP doesn't add much that can't be found in Win2000, except maybe more
fancy icons...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."