Harry:

I would like to see Mail and the address book work exactly the same way it worked in Panther.

Yes, in Tiger I can start typing the recipients name in the bcc panel. And yes the name will be completed. That's fine.

I can also drag and drop a name from my address book into the bcc panel and that will work fine. Drag and drop works but it is significantly slower than the method offered in Panther. And yes, I use the bcc option a lot!

If I put the cursor in the "To" panel, mouse click and then open address book, select a name, and mouse click again then that name appears in the "To" panel. As it should.

But, in Panther I could place my cursor into the Bcc panel and do a mouse click. Then I could open my address book and mouse click on a name and that name would appear in the bcc panel. Simple. I could select one name or several and they would all zip right into the bcc panel.

It appears that I have lost that ability in Tiger (using 10.4.2 on a G4 iBook).

Here's what happens in Tiger: Place cursor in bcc panel. Mouse click. Open address book. Select name. Mouse click and voila the name appears in the "To" panel NOT the "bcc" panel.

Hence the quirk or bug.

Three options available in Panther to get a name into the bcc panel.

Two options in Tiger to get a name into the bcc panel.

Yeah, I can still use the bcc function but it's not as elegant and/or as simple as it was in Panther.

Denny