On Jul 18, 2005, at 4:32 PM, Peter Saint James wrote:

On 17 Jul 2005, at 9:39 PM, Harry Corsover wrote:

The choice is there, just not in Address Book. Do you see that little box to the left of "Account"? It's a popup list that includes bcc as well as Reply-to. Or, you can type Command-Option- B to toggle the bcc field. Then start typing names and they will be completed, or drag to the desired field.

How would you like to see it work?

    I don't think this is what is being discussed.

Getting the field to show up is easy as you say. But filling that field from address book as one fills other fields from address book does not seem to work. For the "To" and "CC" field one can simply click on a listing in address book. For "BCC" one must drag and drop. The original poster says this is a recent change. Seems a puzzlement that such a difference would occur.

Thanks, Peter. I must have missed that first post. However, two things still puzzle me:

1. I don't see how an address is added to an email by clicking on it in Address Book. I started with this message, clicking in the To field. Then, in Address Book, clicking on an address does nothing except open that contact in the right-hand pane in Address Book. Double clicking opens a separate window for that contact in Address Book. Is this a matter of settings or preferences? I'm using Mail 2.0.2 and Address Book 4.0.2. So, since it has never worked for me that way for any Mail field, I apparently misunderstood the question.

2. Why use the Address Book in the first place? If you know the name of a person you want to send an email to, just start typing. If that person has more than one email address, a list will pop down; same thing for different recipients whose names begin with the same characters.

The only time I use the Address Book is when I can't recall enough of the contact info to start typing it, or when I don't recall the name of a group I've created.

Regards,

Harry Corsover