On Aug 6, 2005, at 9:13 AM, David Rodriguez wrote:

I have discovered that if I'm going to do a lot of computer work, and I have my mail retrieval set to 1 minute increments, and I am fast on the trigger with the bounce button, I can often successfully bounce without getting a Returned Mail receipt.

The reason I believe it works this way is that the spammers have their recipient list ready to go, set up a Yahoo email (most often anyhow), insert all the victim addresses, send, and delete their own address (or are deleted by default by Yahoo after being identified as a spammer due to all the traffic they just sent out).

Basically I am bouncing before the spammer gets a chance to disconnect their address. If I have it set for 5 minutes, not a chance. Of course, like someone previously, they may ignore the bounces anyhow.... and so it may just be an exercise in futility. I Dunno...
Dave

Uh. . . Yeah. It's a total waste of your time, except for the emotional satisfaction based on the fantasy that doing this has any effect on spammers. It doesn't. It just wastes more bandwidth for your ISP and the one being hijacked by the spammer.

Regards,

Harry Corsover