On 8/15/05, MacKenzie, Kerry N. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Michael!

If you need high quality text, a laser printer is the only way to go.

With the PowerPrint cable you can use almost any printer. I have a
powerprint cable attached to an old HP Laserjet 4L(parallel) and it
works well for text. You can find older HP laserjets fairly cheap if
you are on a budget. With the Powerprint cable and software you can
use any HP parallel or mac serial laser printer and most other
parallel printers. HP made Mac serial LaserJets which were designated
with an "M" in the model number. ie: LaserJet 4ML instead of the 4L.
Same printer but with a serial port for Macs.

If you don't have the PowerPrint software I can send an older version
to you or show you where to download it. It's basically abandonware
now anyway. The newer PP software can be found on Ebay but is for USB
to parallel cables and may not work.

Or you can buy a new LaserJet as suggested but if you need quality
text stay away from inkjet printers. Inkjets eat ink and get really
expensive compared to a good Laser printer and the quality is not even
close.

--
Ron

http://krowmagnum.4mg.com/