Hi Claire,

Having used OS 9 until New Year's, I am embarrassed to admit that I never used this function (it rings familiar in my ears, so I guess I knew about it, but...)... How silly, this sounds really sensible to use, especially for "people like me", I guess - who have joint problems... I use other keyboard shortcuts, like e.g. Option+C for copy etc., but that's it... I would be very interested in hearing about possibilities for doing this under OSX. I will be upgrading to Tiger soon too.

I just got my iBook back for the 3rd time, having been without it alltogether for around 4 months, because of that "little backlight problem". The last time Apple said that the company that does repairs for them, hadn't replaced all the parts they should have, so they needed one more chance, but their normal practice was that if a computer had not been fixed on 3 tries, the customer should get a new one. Now I got it back, and see they changed the logiboard only, which they did before, so I can't help but wonder, if it will last this time. I also discovered that they screen is separated from it's "frame", so it needs to go back. And I really don't feel like letting them have it again, God knows how long it will take, and I am sick and tired of it all. Plus the loaner they finally gave me this last time (after waiting for 3 weeks, never offered me one before), was kind of crappy (pardon my french, but I don't find only working a little in iPhoto with 3-4 pics before it crashes, too much fun)... Well, I mailed the company, and guess I will be calling Apple tomorrow, so we'll see... Hopefully I can soon feel that I can really get going using MY wonderful "new" iBook, with everything in order and working and learning to enjoy OS X properly (instead of moaning over having to use a mess of a PC or an awful old PB loaner without airport and way too little RAM)... That company has had this iBook more time than I have since I bought it...

Oh shoot, now this will probably be too long... And sorry, didn't mean to dump this on you and the rest, guess I more or less blurted it out, can you tell I have had it?

Good luck with the shortcuts, hope it works out!!!

AaseM. :)