I had an iBook G3 900 for 18 months. Within that 18
months it broke THREE times. Logic board each time. It
was under the video card recall the first time. The
second time I had to pay the full cost of the repair
(no AppleCare, $350 flat fee). The logic board died
again on the 88th day of the 90 day warranty from the
2nd repair. I got it repaired a third time then sold
it! Good riddens. I was really, really, really angry
and considered becoming a turncoat and going with a PC
laptop. Once the anger cleared and I could think, I
got a 12" PB G4 1.5. It is awesome and I wish I'd done
it sooner! No more iBooks for me. My wife has a 12"
iBook. We'll see what happens.