At 11:50 AM -0700 8/20/05, david wrote:
i need some help here...

i installed LaserWriter software (apple laserwriter driver 8.6.1) to run my laserwriter 320. after the installation i've run into several problems:

1 - the extension "shared library manager ppc" has gone funky and i've had to disable it

You need to fix this or this is just going to be the start of your problems.

2 - i no longer have "open transport utility lib" operational, it will not start up

3 - various related problems to the disfunctionality of open transport include being unable to use web servers and email applications, the system finder, quicktime streaming extras, and other things like the extensions manager no longer shows up, etc.

4 - when i opened internet explorer it opened as if it was a new instal, but it failed anyway because of the ot issue

4 - i also notice that the chooser hasn't displayed lw 8.6.1 after the installation, though 8 and 8.3.4 do (they were there before)

basically it feels like i've disabled my computer!

i'm running 9.1 on a 3400. any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

david

Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting