On 8/24/05, Alan C. Magnus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2005, at 5:09 pm, victoria duggan wrote:
>
> > Hi All been playing around today with my spare pismo (back up mac) and
> > deceided to load ubuntu linux on it and WOW!!! it is fast stable and
> > very user friendly. The system specs before i started were 400cpu 384
> > ram 10gb hdd airport card fitted cdrw/dvd combo, running 10.4.2
> >
> > now running linux I think i might just keep it on it because it synced
> > with my wireless network straight away and the book is running
> > perfect,
> > I have the full install on there and i still have over 6 gb for files.
> > My ipod is seen as a hdd and my external hdd (fire wire is seen also)
> > the only thing that is not good is that it only supports 1 battery,
> > But
> > hey small price to pay for the rest of it all, What other linux
> > will run
> > on the pismo or even the 366 ibook clam as i have one of those sat
> > doing
> > nothing at the moment.
> >
> > TIA for any info
> >

> Vicki
>
> Which version of Ubuntu?
>
> Alan
>
> --

I played withe Ubuntu version 5.0.4 on my 366 Clamshell and it's
pretty cool for a freebie. And they send you CD's for free. I have
several if anyoe wants one. I also have a few exrta x86 versions as
well.

The CD comes with a "live" CD also which is a bootable CD that you can
see what Ubuntu is like.

--
Ron

http://krowmagnum.4mg.com/