On Aug 28, 2005, at 11:37 PM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:

Dan,

WELL NOW. . . this is strange. It's working for me as well! What did I do? Absolutely nothing other than change it back to "automatic" after reading your last post to see if mine would work! I wonder if this was a timed thing in Airport. . . at this point I guess anything's possible. I'll keep you and the list posted in case it stops working again. THANKS! :)

Nah, this is merely the little documented Silicon Pyschic Neuronal Chip (SPinNaCh) Apple's been embedding in their systems for some time, so that the true cause of problems remains hidden.

It senses (via telepathy, and advanced screen reading and recognition techniques) you have an idea about something to try, so it stops doing whatever's wrong just to confuse and annoy you.

This is a highly advanced, electronic version of the old 1930's Ford No Noise Assembly which automatically masks odd noises in the presence of a mechanic, later adopted as a industry-wide standard.

What, you REALLY think 'supercomputing' power levels are required to run Word and Safari??

:-P

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'