i also see from wegener media:

allegro g3/500 for $270
presto! g4/500 for $220
avanti g3/400 for $99

on the allegro page they also say:

"Why not G4?
Good question.. But think about it. The only real advantage of G4 is the Altivec processor, which is rarely utilized, except for video processing. And the Wallstreet is really not set up for video processing anyway, so if you WERE going to do video, you'd save that extra $150, and get a Pismo. So, our opinion is, get the Allegro, save your pennies, and get on with life!"