Sometimes projectors seem to be particular about the
resolution they are trying to project; the laptop and
the projector have to match. We've had some
difficulties at monthly meetings getting the
presenter's personal laptops to connect to our
projector (a Dell labeled projector - not sure if it's
LCD or DLS). All encounters here are with
Windows-based laptops.

I assume your Pismo works with other projectors and
external monitors?

Regards,

Bob Eye
Dallas, TX

P.S. You wrote: "Luckily crowd was very polite, only
heard one muttering of "must be Apple computers".

I remember Apple's commercial where a Windows laptop
can't do the job during a presentation, and the
members of the audience are calling out various
suggestions to fix the problem. The last suggestion
was "Get a Macintosh."

<http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>