> On 8/30/05, Anne Judge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 I had a problem at a scuba club meeting; the presenter had a 12" PB
 and the video out would NOT talk to the projector.  I fortunately had
 brought my 17"; my display connect would also not work, but I was
 able to use my S-video port. . .

On Aug 30, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Van Snyder wrote:
 I think I had a similar problem with my Pismo/vga to LCD projector -
 this one was a Sony.  However, it warned me that it couldn't support
 it at that resolution.  Did you allow it to 'detect displays'?

To tell you the truth, I don't really remember what I tried - this was 6 months ago and a one-time thing. But it definitely shook my confidence that I could handle anything Mac! (Well, I did handle it, but if I hadn't brought my 17" with its extra port, I don't think I would have succeeded, since I'd already tried everything I could think of with the speaker's 12".)

I once had a similar experience, where the S-video out of my TiBook saved the day. It turned out that neither my TiBook nor my colleague's iBook were at fault, but the vga cable was bad. Since then I've given many classes in the same lecture hall with my TiBook and the same projector - using the vga connection. I would NOT assume that the fault lies with the mac. Issues like resolution are more likely to be causing that problem.

Luis Sequeira