I'd like an actual answer to the question originally asked rather than advice about other types of laptop coolers. Is there anybody on this list who IS actually using a Targus ChillHub? What is your experience with it? Does it work well with your PowerBook or iBook? Of particular interest to me is, how noisy are the fans? I use a Pismo with a G4 upgrade, which I love everything about except for the fact that the CPU tends to run a little hot and kicks in the internal fan. I already use a Targus CoolPad, which helps, but I'm curious about the ChillHub SPECIFICALLY as an alternative.

Me, I could care less about it drawing power from the laptop--the current model of the ChillHub comes with an AC adapter of its own and I rarely run off my PowerBook battery anyway, except to occasionally condition the battery. Still, for those people interested in using this PARTICULAR accessory, reports of your experience with battery efficiency would no doubt be welcome.

Carl
--

Carl Freire
cfreire-AT-ix.netcom.com