on 13/09/05 18:24, Steve Fuller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It appears the superdrive in the latest powerbooks will read/write +r
> and +rw disks
>
> http://www.apple.com/powerbook/superdrive.html
>
> Not sure if the 1.33 12" has that drive or not.
>
> Steve
>
> On Sep 13, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Steve Fuller wrote:
>
>> The SuperDrive installed in your powerbook will only read or write
>> DVD-R or DVD-RW media. It will not read DVD+R or DVD+RW disks, no
>> matter what type of device they were recorded on.
>>
>> If you want to read +R or +RW disks on your powerbook, you will
>> need to purchase an external drive that is capable of reading those
>> disks, and connect it to your powerbook via USB or Firewire.

My 17" 1.5GHz does read and write +/- DVD disks...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.