At 10:50 PM -0500 on 9/13/05, Steve Fuller wrote:

That's interesting. I could understand them not covering the drive, but to not cover the rest of the warranty seems a bit odd. I wonder if that could be challenged under the Magnuson-Moss act. That one comes up a lot when a car dealer will try and invalidate a car warranty claim based on the fact that an aftermarket part is installed on the car (one that does not have anything to do with problem being covered under warranty). For example, I replace the shifter in my car myself, the water pump fails, and the dealer won't cover the water pump failure even though it's covered under warranty.

I agree with you, Counselor, but the court (Apple) told me that if they saw the drive was replaced, they would assume that was the cause of any other problem. That was their rule and there was no reasoning with them about it.

David