Barbara Tate implores us:

I need help finding out how to connect my Wallstreet II/233 with cache to
USB so that I can buy a scanner.

CardBus USB PCMCIA cards are plentiful (and relatively cheap) through a variety of online sources: ebay, the Swaplist, Mac retailers via the links at Low End Mac (gotta help the list sponsor when we can, eh?), etc. I'd suggest you try Amazon.com via the Low End Mac link.

I have emailed
G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com twice and had both messages rejected because
both messages were received as follows:

Failed to deliver to '<G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>'
LIST module(list G-Books) reports:
  Your message cannot be posted.
  It is composed using the 'windows-1252' character set,
  and this list accepts ISO-8859-1 only

I made sure the second email showed ISO-8859-1, so I don't understand
what the problem is or how to correct the problem.

The list servers at maclaunch.com are notoriously flaky. I've had the same problem in the past, IIRC with Apple Mail in OS X 10.2.x; my compose/send format was properly set to ISO-8859-1 as well but I frequently got bounced. I don't recall details of how I dealt with it (I do remember using another email client [Thunderbird?] for a while), but it hasn't been an issue for me for some time now with updated versions of Mail (and 10.3 Panther). Perhaps the latest version of Mail will resolve the issue for you?

Gene Osburn
Friends don't let friends do Windows

ebay ID: mac4gman
Zip 99204