Battery Reset has revived several batteries for me, all appeared dead
beforehand.

Also, consider acquiring a VST (now SmartDisk) external battery charger,
over the years I've had numerous batteries revived using these. WS
chargers NLA, but eBay for used or NOS.

Also, try resetting the Power Manager (with the problem battery in place
of course.)

Also, try resetting the nvram (with the battery in place obviously),
that's also revived dead battery packs for me (on later 'Books though,
never done this one on a WS.) Can't hurt to try it anyway.

For the Wallstreet (I think) you need to use the "init-nvram" command
rather than the "reset-nvram" command of later Macs.

Reset the nvram . . .

Startup into openfirmware by holding down key combo cmd-opt-O-F right
after startup. (This can be tricky on WS, keep trying until you get it.)

at prompt type
 "init-nvram" (without quotes of course, and then hit the enter key)
it'll say "OK"

(use "reset-nvram" on later Macs)

next do this:
 "reset-all" (and enter)