On Oct 1, 2005, at 1:46 PM, John Roberts wrote:

When I got the computer back from Apple, I noticed there was only 384MB of RAM, so I realized that I must have left the old RAM cards in. It's been 3 months now, and I still can't find my 512MB RAM card....Sigh

Or they might not have put your 512 back in when they were done. The local Apple store did that when my husband's iMac logic board was replaced - I called them and they said effectively, "oops, sorry!" and I ran over there and they switched our chip back in. Fortunately it's just a mile away from our house. I think they'd left their test RAM in.

Anne