On Oct 1, 2005, at 8:48 AM, Howard Katz wrote:

I shot an email off to the FD drive people, and they suggested that I
had to install OSX from the install CD's in order to make the drive
bootable.  I was under the impression that duplicating the internal
drive to the FW using Drive Genius copied all all over.

One thing I didn't do--I didn't use Apple's Disk Utility to format the
drive--used the Drive Genius init command.  I don't know if that'd
make a difference or not.

(If I have to, I may end up partitioning this drive--one 80 and one 40
gig unit.  The Duplicate Drive option on Drive Genius makes the whole
drive think it's an 80 gig unit.  Not that I'm needing all that extra
space at the moment, but.....

Later..................Howard

Howard:

I'd suggest using Apple's Disk Utility to "Restore" your PB disk onto the external hard disk. The Restore command will essentially duplicate the contents of your PB HD onto the external. You may first want to reformat the external HD with Disk Utility (I don't remember whether this is a necessary step, but it won't hurt!).

Turtle-Bear