>> I've documented those which are not sold by OW, but which I have
>> specifically tested for compatibility with Lombard and Pismo machines.
>
>I wasn't able to find anything on OWC, can you provide links to these lists
>for us all to benefit ?

Here's the exact text contained in the OWC warning ...

"OWC Notice to Apple PowerBook G3 Owners: This drive model is not
compatible with your computer. It does not have the backwards
compatibility required by the ATA/IDE controller of any Powerbook G3
Series laptop.

"Toshiba models that are compatible include: MK2023GAS 20GB 4200RPM,
MK4019GAX 40GB 5400RPM, MK6021GAS 60GB 4200RPM, and MK6022GAX 5400RPM.

"Further, all currently listed Hitachi/IBM and Fujitsu models are also
compatible."

This is found on their web page ...

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=6858&Item=TOSMK8026GAX

Note that OWC does not sell Samsungs, and so far it has not been selling
the very latest Hitachi/IBMs, so its warning, above, couldn't (and
doesn't) include the warning I have previously stated, based upon my
actual testing of the affected PB models, and Hitachi/IBM and Samsung
drives.

Again, if 10 GB or under, and if older 20 GB, you should be OK.

But for newer 20 GB, and for larger than 20 GB, be sure to get a return
privilege, or a guarantee that the drive will work with your Lombard or
Pismo or other newer PB.

For that matter, be sure to get the same, if you have a Wallstreet.

In general, I believe the real problem is an incompatibility with early
"new world" PBs and certain newer HDs, not older HDs or "old world" PBs.

OWC has stated the problem from the perspective of the specific drives
which it currently sells, not from the general case of all drives which
are made, and which might possibly be installed in an affected model PB.