On Oct 24, 2005, at 4:52 AM, Brian McEwen wrote:

On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:21 AM, Dylan McDermond wrote:

One place where you could be missing it is that you need an m2v video file and an ac3 or PCM audio file from ffmpeg. In ffmpeg there should be a "keep elementary streams" option. That's what you need to get the separate files to feed to your DVD authorware. Otherwise you just get a simple VIDEO_TS folder to burn onto a DVD- R with no menus, just a single movie.

Another is that when you say that you get white video. I think you may be missing the proper codecs or that there is a conflict between a few. You should be able to decode most of those - ahem - nefarious - avi files using the DivX labs "Fusion" codec. 3ivX has been hit and miss for me as well as the DivX 5 codecs for OS X.

It looks straightforward to me, but it doesn't work :) ffmpegx plays the thing fine, so I should not be missing anything, and I've loaded the 3 codecs that ffmpeg asks about when you first run it...

When I went to the site, they said the high quality one was encoded in XVid <http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/>

Which has a Mac version. Since AVI is just a wrapper around other codecs, it may be that you still need this to view the movie. If you're getting a ts_video folder, the structure is correct to make a DVD.

Did you try Mac the Ripper on it? I don't know if that'll properly deal with it or not.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'