On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:34 PM, Victoria Brandon wrote:

On Oct 31, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

No, but 10.3 allows you to use TCP/IP over firewire. Turn on both the FW networking ports in the Network control pane, you can then use rendezvous or bonjour or aloha or Howdy or whatever Apple's calling it this week.

I just had a look, on the B&W which has on-board firewire: unfortunately no "FW networking port" shows up in the Network pane, just the modem (which works perfectly), and ethernet (which stopped working altogether a while back for some unfathomable reason).

It's not set up by default, you have to add it. Go to the Networks control pane, and select in the lower dropdown (Show:) Network Port Configurations

In that box click on New, then you should be able to select firewire.

Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'