On Nov 9, 2005, at 9:55 PM, Howard Katz wrote:

turns out--Tiger.  She couldn't connect either.  I've a feeling the
problem isn't mine, but the IT folk who aren't big mac fans.  I'll
test it out tomorrow at the wifi cafe and give a report back.

FWIW, I can connect fine at work on the WEP protected network- just the open one won't work.

Laptop is fine at Panera stores, other places.

The hospital IT guys worked hard with me to troubleshot but I finally gave up. It's in Apple's court. In June they said they would have an update that addressed some network stuff- but 10.4.1 didn't touch it.

If you can find out what they are doing for server stuff at your workplace (routers versions etc) I've ben meaning to trap our guy near the coffee pot and find out. The weird thing is our AP is just a bog standard off the shelf Linksys or some such. Big Cisco thing behind it, but I'm not sure why the Cisco hardware would matter at that point.

It's really Apple's issue, I think- if everything else is fine, and 9.1 machines are fine, and Win98 machines are fine- Apple's the cause in my book. Heck my Newton Messagepad is even fine, and its TCP/IP stack is a poster child for broken...

Luck;