On Nov 26, 2005, at 15:14, G-Books wrote:

I have been trying out some various apple laptops,
primarily for use as a writing tool, though I want to
surf wirelessly.

Then I bought a severely upgraded wallstreet, now a
g4-500, and while I love the way it works, I dislike
both the size and the heat factor. As a writer, I feel
distracted by the heat coming up through my fingers.

I have heard the Pismos run much cooler.

I want small size, battery longevity, cool running,
wireless ability  (doesn't have to be built-in as long
as I can add on).

The heat issue is probably connected with the G4 upgrade.
I never noticed the heat with the 266 MHz Wallstreet I used to have.
My Mom has it now, Wallstreets are tough.

If all you are doing is writing and surfing then a stock Wallstreet 300 MHz processor should work fine and will run a lot cooler. I'm sure you could find someone with a stock 300 MHz wallstreet that would be happy to trade.
Doesn't do much for the weight issue though.....

The Lombard and Pismo are both thinner and lighter than the Wallstreet.
if you wanted a Lombard I could make you a deal on a 333 Lombard with a 400 MHz CPU.

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?